A few points:
- they pulled out her chest tube today, which was a good sign- but painful to remove
- they have started weaning her off the epidural
- she has been running fevers on and off but at the moment it has leveled off
- she still has the feeding tube in, and it will pry be there for awhile
- she sat up yesterday in a chair for the first time- baby steps, baby steps:)
- she walked with assistance yesterday for 1st time to get chest X-rays
- The catheter will come out tonight
- She will have a blood transfusion tonight: which have brought about many Twilight jokes
- * they washed her hair today and she is a whole new woman!
- she is still pretty out of it and sleeps the majority of the day
Astra has been a champ and has been progressing better than we could have expected. We are grateful for every milestone she passes and are so proud of her.
At this time Astra is not ready for visitors yet, we will keep you posted. Thanks for all your love and support:)